The admission for Engineering Programs under IoBM Outreach Program would be based on the following:
• A Higher Secondary School (HSC) Pre-Engineering Certificate with at least *60% marks awarded by a recognized Provincial Intermediate Board
• Candidates from districts Tharparkar, Umerkot, Badin, Thatta Sujawal, Sanghar, Dadu and Jamshoro are eligible to apply under the IoBM Outreach Program.
• Fill out the application form on the given link, you will receive a ﬁlled application form on your given email. Please print a hardcopy and send as instructed along with photocopies of relevant documents.
– SSC Marks sheet/Certificate
– HSC Part-II Marks sheet/Certificate (Pre-Engineering)
– Copy of domicile
– Proof of income of Father/guardian
– Two photographs
• After screening test shortlisted candidates will be called for a four-week training program at IoBM campus. They will be provided training in English Language, Mathematics and Communication Skills to prepare them for aptitude test. Candidates will be provided training, boarding and lodging free of cost at IoBM campus.
• Upon completion of four-week training, candidates will be required to appear for the IoBM aptitude test and an interview. Successful candidates will be admitted to IoBM’s four years’ degree program on merit cum need base
• Students selected on merit cum need base for the Electrical Engineering Degree Program under IoBM Outreach Program (IoP) will be exempted from registration and tuition fee. They will also be provided free transport facility within the city.
• The tuition wavier is subject to maintaining a CGPA not below 2.5.
*Subject to revision by the IoBM Management
Ensure 100% attendance for each course, 20% absence is permissible, only in case of illness, or emergencies. These have to be approved by the Management. Approval is contingent upon the evidence provided.20% means that a student is allowed a maximum of four approved absences in a course during the regular semester.
Registration for the subsequent semester is subject to maintaining good standing status at the beginning of every registration period. This is measured in terms of the Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)
The minimum CGPA required for Bachelor’s Programs is 2.0. If a student’s CGPA falls below this level for three consecutive semesters he/she will not be allowed to register for courses in subsequent semesters and hence admission will stand cancelled.
Such students are advised to repeat the courses in which they have achieved ‘F’ grade before registering for new ones to maintain the required CGPA.
A CGPA of 2.50 is required for the conferment of the degree. It may be noted that if student having a below good standing CGPA, cannot take Semester Gap/s unless approved by ED/Registrar.
Each semester has two hourly exams (6th & 11th week) and one final exam in the 15th week. Marks distribution is conveyed to the students at the beginning of the semester which traditionally is 15 marks for each hourly and 40marks for the final exam.30 marks are assigned for quizzes and assignments.
IoBM stands out among other universities for its special emphasis on maintaining good order and discipline among its students. It is desired from IoBM students to reflect its values and standards in every way by appropriate dressing which will enhance the personality and contributes to successful nonverbal communication in the campus.
For details, students are advised to go through the contents of IoBM Catalog 2020-2021 available on IoBM website